[Xastir] problem messaging

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Sep 20 14:39:14 EDT 2002

Curt Mills wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, J. Lance Cotton wrote:
>>There was no transmitting disabled. I tx my position fine on RF. I am
>>not sure I understand the "PATH" field in the msg window. This is for
>>the unproto path of the packet(s) that hold the message, right? So
>>something like WIDE2-2 seems reasonable.
>
> Yea.  WIDE2-2 or RELAY,WIDE2-2 perhaps.  Xastir tries to guess at
> the return path for you if someone else sent you a message.  If you
> leave it blank, it'll use one of the three default paths that you
> selected for your interface.

I've notice that this "return path guessing" fouls up a little bit with
INET received messages that use the Q-construct. I usually get a guessed
path of something like:   N5JXS,qAS
Where the message might have come from N5JXS directly over INET. I have
always just replaced this with something more 'traditional' like WIDE2-2
and in that sense, I've been a bad tester...

Perhaps I'll try out other variations of this when I test this weekend
for my other messaging issues.

73
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O