[Xastir] Red Hat 7.3 XML2 Library anyone?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Apr 1 12:44:06 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, aa9vt wrote:

> I was using xastir 1.1.4 on a system and I decided to upgrade to RH 7.3.
> All went well until I tried to run xastir. I then tried to re-compile
> and got a compile error during the make:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml2
> What am I missing, i.e. what is lxm12?

That sounds like perhaps another library that ImageMagick is asking
for.  Unfortunately we have no control over what libraries may or
may not be compiled in to each version of ImageMagick.  We use the
"Magick-config" script to have ImageMagick tell _us_ what it needs
linked in, in order to work properly.

This time Magick-config is telling you that the library xml2 (XML2,
not XM-12) needs to be found in order to link Xastir to ImageMagick.

Anyone know which package on Red Hat 7.3 is needed in order to add
the libxml2 library in?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin