[Xastir] Some advice on a dedicated Xastir box please?

Neil Morris cnmorris at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 1 12:08:00 EST 2003

I've been away from Xastir for a while (though reading the list avidly).
Although I have a meaty machine I could put it on I'm looking at an older
computer which might make a good home for it, a PII 300 mHz with 64mb pc100.
It's only going to run Xastir and maybe a couple of other ham apps - is it up
to the job? I'm thinking it is, as long as 64mb is enough - and I plan to
stick with WindowMaker or Blackbox or some other minimal window manager.

I have a choice of RedHat 7.2 or SuSE 8.0 to put on it. Which will involve
the least messing about to get the current cvs version working? I have a
slight preference for RedHat but I'm comfortable with both.

Opinions/advice/arguments will be gratefully received :-)

Neil
G0TVJ
--
http://www.beosradio.com