[Xastir] Compiling with Mandrake 9.1

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Apr 1 13:21:33 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> You appear to have the libMagick-devel rpm on your computer, but did you
> install it? If the libararies are there, but the include files aren't, then
> ./configure doesn't know that the libraries exist.
>
> -Lance KJ5O
>
> John Place wrote:
> > checking for Magick-config... yes

Found Magick-config.  Good.

> > checking magick/api.h usability... yes
> > checking magick/api.h presence... yes
> > checking for magick/api.h... yes

Found ImageMagick include files and they're usable.  Good.

> > checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no

Can't link to the libMagick library.  Not good.

> > ld.so.conf file:
> > /usr/lib
> > /usr/include
> > /usr/include/libshp
> > /usr/X11R6/lib
> > /usr/lib/qt3/lib
> > /usr/local/include
> > /usr/local/lib
> > /usr/local/share/proj
> > /usr/bin

I _think_ ld.so.cache only helps you during runtime dynamic linking,
not at the linking stage of the compiler, but I might be wrong.  If
you get it compiled ok, but can't run it, that's when you need to
tweak ld.so.conf and then run ldconf.  For now, it's a don't-care.

> > /usr/lib/libMagick++-5.5.4.so.0
> > /usr/lib/libMagick++.a
> > /usr/lib/libMagick++.la
> > /usr/lib/libMagick++.so
> > /usr/lib/libMagick.a
> > /usr/lib/libMagick.la
> > /usr/lib/libMagick.so
> > /usr/lib/libMagick++-5.5.4.so.0.0.0
> > /usr/lib/libMagick-5.5.4.so.0.0.0
> > /usr/lib/libMagick-5.5.4.so.0

What does your link line during compiling look like?  It should have
"-L /usr/lib -lMagick" if it's to find the ImageMagick library.

This isn't on Cygwin is it?  I've had trouble getting some versions
of various libraries to link properly on Cygwin.  That's why very
specific library versions are called out in the instructions.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin