[Xastir] Time stamping?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 2 01:26:52 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> I'm definitely no Perl hacker, but I coded up this bit of perl which opens up
> a file called 'tnc.log', prepends each non-timestamp line with the most
> recent timestamp entry and a tab character, and writes the new line out to a
> file called 'tnc_processed.log'.

For the record (not that it matters anyway), I would have attacked
the problem in Perl as well.  It beats trying to learn a bit of
sed/grep/awk each time I need to get work done.  At least with Perl
you get to use the same bits of knowledge over and over again.

Thanks for writing that!  I'll keep that around for cases where I
might need to do the same thing.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer