[Xastir] Compiling with Mandrake 9.1

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Apr 2 15:18:22 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, John Place wrote:

> checking for libshp/shapefil.h... yes
> checking for DBFOpen in -lshp... yes
> checking for Xpm... libraries default path, headers default path
> checking for Magick-config... yes
> checking magick/api.h usability... yes
> checking magick/api.h presence... yes
> checking for magick/api.h... yes
> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:  Building
> w/o ImageMagick support. ***

These messages are _so_ similar to ones that I got on Cygwin/Windows
when trying to get ImageMagick support compiled in there.  The
problem appeared to be version specific.  Some versions of
ImageMagick would work fine, others had library problems and
couldn't be linked against, so configure would fail at that point.

I settled on ImageMagick-5.5.3.  5.5.5 and 5.5.6 had problems.
Perhaps you have the same sorts of problems with 5.5.4?

Wish I could help further.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin