[Xastir] xastir & windows

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Sat Apr 5 14:52:12 EST 2003

 Just for the record, i am soon going to have a "new" Pentium-2
running just Linux.  Running Cygwin on my Windows laptop is how
i am transitioning to Linux.

When i have my Linux box going, i'll be using that for Xastir, but
i won't want to stop using Windows/Cygwin/Xastir either.  And i've
got too much useful Windows software on my Windows laptop
to give it up.  I know that it's kinda dumb running a Linux
emulation (Cygwin) under Windows (nevertheless some very smart
people -- at Redhat it looks like -- are producing Cygwin), but it's going to educate me in Linux stuff.  My understanding is there's
some risk involved in partitioning a HD for Linux and Windows, so
i'm going to leave it as a Windows machine.

So meanwhile i am very interested in getting Xastir (under Cygwin)
to run with AGWPE especially since my TNCs are in storage and i
won't be able to get to them till maybe June.  ;-)

Orrin WN1Z