[Xastir] status text

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 12 11:51:41 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, John Williams wrote:

> Status text for other stations used to appear in the comments section of the station view dialog.
> Quite a while back this ceased to be the case. Either that or I have been looking at the wrong
> times and that status text was ovewritten by a comment.
>
> Comments and status text should be displayed separately anyway.

Nothing has been changed in that section of the code for quite a
while.  Of course we might have broken something there a long time
back and not noticed.

The current method is that any status or comments get added to the
same linked list that gets displayed in the Station Info dialog.
If someone is sending regular updates (like "uptime" for instance)
that keep changing, we keep dutifully adding them to the linked list
if they're different than others on the list.  It just keeps growing.

If anyone can prove one way or another that Xastir is/is not handling
these properly, please let us know.  I'll try to dream up some sort
of test case (or grep logfiles) to see what's up.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer