[Xastir] NWS objects

dale huguley kg5qd at wxsvr.net
Wed Apr 16 17:03:48 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

>We use "strcasecmp()" instead of an "strncasecmp()", which would
>have restricted the string match to a smaller number of characters.
>The two strings have to match exactly, including length, before the
>packet is igated.  We make no provision for '*' characters or
>partial matches in any way.

This somewhat surprizes me- If you wanted to gate everything from Green
Bay Weather, it would take GRBTOR GRBSVR GRBSVS GRBNPW GRBFFW GRBFFS and
on and on.
I would swear it didn't work like this a year ago.

I would set a minimum of 3 letters to compare- this would define a
weather service office- would keep someone from putting "S" as a station
an getting all the NWS offices that start with "S".

73 de kg5qd Dale