[Xastir] Xastir on Red Hat 9.0

Gerry Wheeler gwheelerx at qolpublishing.com
Fri Apr 18 16:45:15 EDT 2003

I have a brand, spanking new installation of RH9 on my laptop computer.
Naturally, one of the first applications to try was Xastir.

I used cvs to get the latest version. I ran bootstrap.sh without any
problem. I had an error from configure, but that was my fault -- I
hadn't installed the X libraries. Fixed that and configure ran fine. (I
still need to install some of the optional parts, like shapefile
support.) I compiled and installed with no errors.

Now I just need to copy my maps from my other computer, install
shapefile and Image Magick, and I'm good to go.

Hmmm, speaking of Image Magick, I would have thought that would already
be in place. I'll check on that and let you know.

Gerry KG4NBB