[Xastir] NWS objects

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 19 02:58:34 EDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> nws-stations.txt file can now contain:
>
> RIW*
> CYS*
> SCOUTS
> KIDS

Nope!  Well, it _can_ contain them, but the last two wouldn't have
any effect.

> And then all info from the Riverton and Cheyenne Offices plus the Scouts
> and Kids stuff will be gated to RF?

The Riverton and Cheyenne offices would get gated, the other two
calls would not.  We still have the "NWS-" and "SKY" restrictions
on NWS gating.  If those strings are not present, we never head off
to our igating code.  The igating code wasn't originally intended to
be used for other purposes, and hasn't been hacked yet to do what
you're after.

> But, using the 'IDs' of
>
> WY  (for Wyoming)
> CQ
>
> Would fail.

Correct.  Too short.  Also probably won't contain NWS- or SKY
messages.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer