[Xastir] Re: Suse8.2 and xastir114

gallis at amigo.net gallis at amigo.net
Wed Apr 23 23:57:14 EDT 2003

Curt,

Great, got it working. I haven't moved any maps over to this machine yet but
the Denver APRS server dumped 4,000 stations and things were still pretty
snappy.

The package you suggested wanted libMrm.so.2 and libXmso.2 but this new
suse8.2 had both those files but as .3 rather than .2.   So downgraded
those.

I did get the following message during the installation, looks like most of
the map stuff may not be working yet.
 -----------------------------
xastir 1.1.4 has been configured using the
following external libraries.

Building with AX25.......... : no
Building with GeoTiff....... : no
Building with ShapeLib...... : no
Building with ImageMagick... : no
Building with Festival...... : no
Building with GPSMan........ : no

None of these are installed except for Imagemagick 5.5.4-28.  We will work
on that another day.

Thanks for now, very much.

George Gallis  AL7BX
TRINIDAD, CO