[Xastir] Re: Suse8.2 and xastir114

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Apr 25 18:41:31 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Rich Garcia wrote:

> I am just looking for the packages needed to compile Xastir for the first
> time. A bare bones install so I can see stuff off of the internet is more
> than what I can hope for right now at this rate, I can always try to install
> other support later on.
>
> The RH8 install as I said has everything off of the CD-ROM's but I still get
> all sorts of messages and no excutable.

Might depend on your definition of "everything".  hi hi

Sometimes when you say "install everything" or "install
most-everything", it still doesn't install a lot of the development
stuff that you might need in order to compile programs.  Often it
only installs a minimal development environment (or none at all),
which is enough to run programs and compile very small projects.

Give us some error messages that you get and we should be able to
help you through each step.  It shouldn't take long to get you
going.

I assume the "./bootstrap.sh" and "./configure" stages completed ok,
and that you're getting errors at the "make" stage, right?  Give us
some errors.

You can run it like this:

(make 2>&1) | tee make.log

and it will write the errors to the screen and to the "make.log"
file.  You can then send us excerpts from the make.log file (or the
whole darn thing).

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin