[Xastir] NWS objects

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Apr 28 13:01:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Greg Jurrens wrote:

> Thanks for the work on this part of the code.
>
> Does anyone know what the designators are that are sent to show the actual storm location?  I've seen them come up before but don't remember. I know it's a series of numbers plus a time/date stamp.  Also, we're in both Tornado and Hurricane country so I'd hoping we can use this new feature to gate those out the RF world here in Austin.  If there is a definitive list somewhere, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, don't know.  I'm not in tornado or hurricane country here, so
have paid little attention to them.

We don't currently gate objects or items to RF though, so perhaps
it's a moot point w.r.t. Xastir...

We gate NWS messages to RF and APRS messaging to RF (when
appropriate), that's all so far.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin