[Xastir] ImageMagick and ./configure

Han Sytsma middenveld at tip.nl
Tue Apr 29 17:01:07 EDT 2003

Hi Vic and others,

Sorry for the late answer,
The Mandrake (9) version of image magic is 5.4.7. I added devel support from
the download area of Mandrake, in a subdir called "contrib" (Is located in
the tree of the Mandrake 9 distribution).
Furtheron I picked up geotiff there aswell as the ax25 library/tools/apps,
please not that ax25lib.devel comes separate. They are all in i586.rpm
format.

1. When compiling Xastir without ImageMagick and Geotiff, buth with ax25
support, ax25 support was included when I compiled Xastir.

2. Added ImageMagick support. After running ./configure, ax25 support
disapeared. Even no ImageMagick support.
However, this was not from a clean build.

3. Deleted the Xastir source and did put a clean source back and added
bzip2.devel headers.
Now ./configure gives imagemagick and ax25 support here.

So, I did not compile anything for Mandrake 9, just picked all the stuff
from rpm files.

RedHat 9.0
Xastir did behave in the same way as above. In this case I did compile the
ax25 lib/tool/apps myself. All the rest came from i386.rpm from the RedHat
cd's.
I followed the same procedure as mentioned above for Mandrake and got it to
work.

73 Han, PE1FAM