[Xastir] serial port error

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Sat Aug 2 01:40:52 EDT 2003

Dan Lehnen wrote:
> Anyone know the answer to this?
> I get this error when I start the program.
>
> error opening interface 0 -  hard fail
>
> Xastir is set to see tnc on com 1, 9600b, N81 (yes these settings are correct)
>
> Dan
> - n9uwe

Hi Dan,

I betchya yer not run'n xastir as root - are ya. Good.

Likely what you're seeing is a permissions issue, that's well discussed
in the documentation by the way, concerning /dev/ttyS0 - what would be
called COM1 in the MS world.

See section 11 in the current INSTALL file:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xastir/xastir/INSTALL?rev=1.14&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

73

--
         "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru