[Xastir] Help Installing

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 9 12:55:09 EDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Marcelo Cury wrote:

> usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2

You need to install the bzip2 stuff.

> I have all libraries installed into RedHat 9, but during ./configure I
> received a message
> ......... no
> .......... no
> .......... no
> What  am I doing wrong ???

You need to install the development headers for the libraries in
question.  What you have installed are the base libraries, which lets
programs that are already compiled to use them, run fine.

The development headers are needed when you compile software to use
the libraries.  Without them, Xastir won't know how to use the
libraries.

I believe someone mentioned that the RH9 development RPM's are on a
different CD from the libraries themselves?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer