[Xastir] shape files

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 9 16:34:26 EDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, vic wrote:

> I do not under stand why my shapefiles do not show up anymore after migrating
> them and setting permissions as directed. dir. are drwxr-xr-x and files are
> -rw-r--r--.  the directories show up in the map chooser window but the files
> under them do not...  I have tried various options under the map window but
> still nothing shows up
> What have I missed...?

Assuming that you still have Shapelib support compiled in, it may be
that you need to reindex all maps.  If you don't want to do that, you
can try "touch" against each one of the ones you want to reindex and
then reindex new maps.

If those methods don't work, go into your .xastir/config/map_index.sys
file and delete all of the entries, then reindex.  You can also waste
the entire file and reindex as another option.

Some of the methods I listed will get rid of your layers and other
parameters you may have originally selected for the maps.  Since the
directories have changed, I'm not sure they'll carry over anyway unless
you hand-edit all of the paths in the file.  Might just be easiest to
waste the file and start over with a reindex.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer