[Xastir] shape files

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 9 20:45:15 EDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, vic wrote:

> Shapelib is compiled in, etc.
> Deleted selected maps sys and maps index sys as you sugested and still no maps
> show up.
> Shall reinstall everthing again from scratch?

Shouldn't have to.  Did you run both of the migration scripts?  One
has to be run as root while Xastir is not running.

The other has to be run as the normal user that runs Xastir, while
Xastir isn't running.  It fixes up your config file so that it points
to the new locations.  If Xastir is running while you run the script,
then you close Xastir, Xastir will re-write the old paths into the
file again.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer