[Xastir] .geo and .xpm :'(

David Smith dsmith at mypchelp.com
Fri Aug 15 01:56:22 EDT 2003

Ok, for hours I've been working on this.  I scanned an image of the city
I'm in and figured out generally this:

XPM file created from:
convert -resize 795x650 mty.tif xpm:mty.xpm

Then .geo file:
FILENAME mty.xpm
#
TIEPOINT  0   0   100.144   25.812
TIEPOINT  793 649 100.444   25.612
IMAGESIZE 794 650

(the spacing is exact to what i copied and pasted from the XASTIR help)

identify mty.xpm:
mty.xpm XPM 794x650+0+0 DirectClass 16-bit 1014.6k 0.270u 0:01

No matter what I do I can't get the map to display. Actually thats not
right, I set the lon/lat to 180/-90/-180/90 and that worked but of course
displayed it for the whole world.

I notice that when I have it set up, the only time it ever seems to load
the mty.geo file is when I'm on world view. As soon as I zoom in it doesnt
load anymore.

any help appreciated.

thanks,
dave