[Xastir] Too many crashes

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 10 05:27:47 EST 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 02:29, Jack Reilly wrote:
> On Sunday 07 December 2003 10:19, Curt wrote:

> > Bring up YaST2.  In there is an "Online Update".  Run that.  I'm
> > assuming you have something faster than dial-up.  If not, be prepared
> > to be on for a large number of hours doing the update.
>
> I use pacbell DSL so it wasn't too bad. Finished yesterday midafternoon.
> Xastir is still running. So far so good!

After the Sunday update Xastir stayed up all day Monday - a new record. But it
was down yesterday, Tuesday,  with a big page-long error message. Then while
I was copying the error message there was an X crash so I lost it. Xastir was
again down this morning - this time with no error report.

Should my next step be a video card replacement?

Jack    aa6vn at pacbell.net