[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-dev] Map Properties/dbfawk: Time to rethink?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Dec 13 20:06:28 EST 2003

On 13 Dec 2003, Ed Lawson wrote:

> Kurt, did the solution I gave you not fix yours as it did mine?
> (go into /usr/local/xastir/maps and add or copy and edit from /share
> directory the tigermap.geo file)

Actually, the proper solution is to kill Xastir, run the two
migration scripts, then restart Xastir.  If you've been running
Xastir for some months, you need to convert it at some point
anyway.

The scripts _should_ copy all of your maps to the new scheme.  You'll
probably need to "reindex all" after you run the two scripts in order
to have it know about your maps again.

At that point, Xastir stuff will be in /usr/local/share/xastir/*
instead of /usr/local/xastir/*, and your user configs should be
converted to the new scheme as well.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer