[Xastir] geoTiff "Problem in translation"

John W. Palmieri john at mediaOnFire.com
Wed Dec 17 02:41:12 EST 2003

Hi:

If this question's been asked before, my apologies. I get
"prohibited" when trying to get at the list archive.

I'm running xastir v1.2.1, proj v4.4.7, geoTiff v1.2.1, and
tiff v3.6.0. When I try to load the USGS DRG geoTiff files,
after running mapfgd.pl, I get the error "Problem in
translating" and it seems GTIFProj4FromLatLong() is failing
(see map_tif.c).

Any idea where I should start to track this down? I can view
the geoTiff files correctly in a tiff viewer.

TIA,
John