[Xastir] Re: [Xastir} Still getting crashes

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 23 13:49:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> My best uptime is about 8 hours !!!!   Xastir disappears and one of the
> folowing messages appears in the Konsole window where I started xastir:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  58 (X_SetDashes)
>   Value in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  1439567
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  56 (X_ChangeGC)
>   Value in failed request:  0xf4
>   Serial number of failed request:  2918150
>
> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was:
> Port1:KC5GLG-13>APRS,WIDE3*:$GPGGA,140227,3411.6049,N,11910.7897,W,1,05,1.23,10.8,M,-33.8,M,,*7E
> 22:00:20

None of the output above looks very suspicious.  If there was a
timestamp on the X Errors, you might be able to tell whether they
happened around the time of the segfault.  As is, they probably
happened quite a bit before, as you were zooming/panning or messing
with the menus live.

The last incoming line looks ok.  That was put in to the segfault
handler so that we could easily debug "killer" packets, which are
malformed packets that used to kill us.  One by one they got taken
care of, so now that debug output is much less useful.

I'd do the memtest thing to see if your memory/CPU combo is reliable
as-is.  Also check your serial port I/O addresses and interrupts,
make sure nothing else is trying to use the same ones.  I think you
were running with just a serial TNC interface, right?  No AX.25
networking or internet ports connected to Xastir?