[Xastir] Can't get tnc & net data at the same time

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Feb 3 17:59:53 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> I am using Suse 8.1 linux     My xastir is the version 2.25-196 that came with
> Suse 8.0.

Funny.  Xastir is at version 1.1.3.  Don't know what version of
Xastir you might be running, but I can guarantee it's not the
latest.  I suspect it's the "stable" version from february 2002,
which is quite buggy compared to later development snapshots.

> Xastir will not take in tnc and, net data from my aprsd  at the
> same time.  I get tnc data ok when I am running just the tnc interface. When
> I turn on the internet interface, that data comes in but there is no longer
> any tnc input. At this same time, the tnc data still shows up with a telnet
> to port 14580.

And you're defining multiple interfaces using
"Interfaces->Properties", and then turning both interfaces on at the
same time using "Interfaces->Start/Stop", correct?

I've had up to 15 interfaces running at once and it works just fine.

> My TNC is a KPC 3 to the Com 1 port. The INIT.TNC  is the same as the sample
> that is provided.. I can not find any clue as to what is wring and sure
> would. appreciate some help.

I'd suggest first of all snagging the latest development snapshot of
Xastir, which was released sunday.  Go to http://www.xastir.org to
find it (sourceforge link).

Once you get that version compiled/installed, see if it exhibits the
same problems.  If it does, post again and we'll try hard to help.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin