[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Word's out: Xastir on Windows...

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 6 01:32:19 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, patrick friend wrote:

> How much disk space to load cygwin and how much for xastir...I'd like to try
> it on my laptop but only about 1gig free space at the moment: XPpro,
> pent2-366, 288mb ram....got a link to download cygwin? I can just google it
> but if you get it handy?

http://www.cygwin.com, first Google hit.

I think it's 200 to 300MB or so.  Rough guess.  Please note that the
configure stuff for the additional map libraries is not correct yet.
Also, Cygwin wget doesn't work yet with Xastir.  Basic maps and
functionality appears to be there, at least for network connections.
I'd like to hear from anyone trying it with serial port connections.

In the CVS version of README.1ST is the list of Cygwin packages
you'll need to get it running.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer