[Xastir] linux question

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Feb 6 17:34:56 EST 2003

On 7 Feb 2003, brenda wrote:

> how do a get a list like this????
> will the make output tell always me this?

The "make install" or "make install-strip" output will tell you.

How I got it in this case though was by going to /usr/local/bin and
typing "ls -altrF", which is a sorted list by time, reverse order,
then I looked at all of the ones that had roughly the same timestamp
as "xastir".

You can do this during your install:

    (make install-strip 2>&1) | tee make.log

to put all of the output (STDERR and STDOUT) into the make.log file
as well as dumping it to your screen.

Here's what I use:

 (make -j3 install-strip 2>&1) | tee make.log;chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir;date

The -j3 doesn't make it any faster, but it allows the compiler to
compile up to three source files at the same time.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin