[Xastir] Feature? Or am I just lazy...

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Tue Feb 11 23:23:38 EST 2003

Argh,

Was out of town for a bit - sorry I'm just now getting back to this.

"Curt Mills, WE7U" wrote:

> The multiple status lines all with just a few characters different
> at the end of the line are due to Mic-E expansion that is still done
> by some igates.  If you can find an igate that is still doing the
> expansion and can very nicely ask them to cease and desist, others
> would appreciate it.  Often the igate operators need to be told
> specific things to add to their configs in order to turn off that
> feature.  Find out what igate software they're using, research the
> command, and have your initial contact with them be a prepared one.

The I-gate is mine - least I think most all of it I saw was via my
I-gate. On mine, the I-gate is also my server aprsdcsp.antelope.net -
with MIC-E conversion disabled. Mmm, strongly implies that at least some
of that tracker's data was come'n via another I-gate.

> This is on the feature request list already: "Remember message
> capabilities of stations".  What form this will take when finally
> implemented is up for debate of course.  I think just a status
> line somewhere on the Send Message dialog stating that the station
> may not be message capable might be a good start, or perhaps a
> Green/Red Send Message button as well?

Cool! I'm not thinking too far outside the box then. Glad it's already
on the list. Yea - a status line or some kind of indicator - exactly.
That'd work out quite well.

Thanks Curt!

73

--