[Xastir] Map question...???

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Feb 12 17:02:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, larry wrote:

> I have xastir compiled, yet when I start it up, I see other than the top
> menus, an empty green screen...

I can REALLY help here!  Under Maps->Background Color you can change
it to something other than green.  hi hi

> Now does xastir come with a few maps or
> does one need to download them first...Also where do you put these maps
> for it to read them...???

No maps _with_ it, however there are a LOT of maps available for you
to download.  Here's a starting place for where to get some
different maps:

    http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/xastir.html

By default you can use dosAPRS/winAPRS/macAPRS/pocketAPRS maps and
GNIS maps.

If you compile in Shapelib support, you'll be able to use Shapefile
maps.  Compile in ImageMagick, and you'll have lots of image formats
available to you.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin