[Xastir] New configure.ac script

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Feb 13 18:28:30 EST 2003

A new configure.ac script is in place now, and several of the files
that used to be in the CVS repository are now gone.  Some of you may
have fits with CVS because of this.  An easy way to fix it is to
delete the repository and download it again.

The new method of getting Xastir compiled is this:

    ./bootstrap.sh
    ./configure
    make
    make install-strip (as root)

In order to run the bootstrap.sh script, you'll need automake 1.6.3
or newer, and autoconf 2.53 or newer.  Some of you may have to
upgrade or install these tools in order to do this.

The good news is that the new system is tested on SuSE Linux 7.3 and
on Cygwin/Windows and it works great!

The developers are looking forward to reports for other operating
systems and versions.  Test away!

Thanks go to Chuck for getting this done!  Thanks to Jack for a
bunch of advice on the matter as well.  The three of us have been
working behind the scenes for the last few days to make this happen.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin