[Xastir] New configure.ac script

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Thu Feb 13 23:44:37 EST 2003

OK,

Nice. Well, xastir is the reason I got 'into' linux in the first place.
I do thank you all for dragging me kicking and whining up the learning
curve!!

So far, I've had to update autoconf and automake - not a big deal in
themselves. Just did the source deal from the GNU ftp server - and of
course, things aren't working right. Looks like Redhat (7.1) doesn't use
'standard' GNU paths ::sigh::

Finally (I think) got it all working - but the great penguin only knows
what else I may have screwed up.

First, installed autoconf - changed path in ~/.bach_profile to include
the 'new' /usr/local/bin where autoconf now resides. Oh, there's still
the older copy still over in /usr/bin that Redhat installed.

Tried the same thing with automake - but alas, even with the 'correct'
path, it's not found.

So, I just copied the new automake from /usr/local/bin to /usr/bin -
overwriting the old one.

So far so good.

May well go back and overwrite the old autoconf with the new one too -
yea, I'm a glutton.

Lessons accepted in the tone offered

73

--