Fwd: Re: [Xastir] New configure.ac script

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Feb 14 13:38:08 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> Had to upgrade my autoconf & automake.  I have lost the festival support for
> some reason or another. Has something changed in locations?
>
> Forget it... found the problem.  Festival is not were xastir thinks it is.
> I'll put a sym link in...  must have messed with config on previous versions.

Wait!  Tell me where festival was, so that we can fix the configure
script to be able to find it without those symlinks.  I may ask you
to remove those symlinks soon in order to test the fixes.

So far I see that for MacOSX and for Cygwin, the paths we need to
look for things are in the $PATH variable.  For Cygwin that even
includes the library files.

It also appears that when searching for libraries, the latest
configure stuff doesn't automatically look in /usr/local/lib, but it
does find header files in /usr/local/include ok.  Weird.  I had to
add a special statement in order to find the Shapelib library on
Cygwin (/usr/local/lib).

Jack/Chuck:  Is there a way to make the standard AC_* macros search
the /usr/local/lib directory?  A way to get them to search
everything in the $PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin