[Xastir] PK-900 and 2 Ports

Steve Lockhart sdl3 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 08:45:19 EST 2003

I must be missing something very basic here. I have a PK-900 and xastir 1.1.3.

I am able to send a correctly formatted APRS packet but am not able to rx any stations in the xastir GUI. From looking at the tnc/data log I believe that this is because the 900 is putting a p1(becasue my vhf radio is on port 1) prefix on the rx'd data line. The rx'd APRS packet looks fine other than the p1. I do not have anything on p2 and would be happy to turn off the p1 prefix. Does anyone know how to do this or how to get xastir to ignore the first 3 characters? (p1<space>).

Thanks,

Steve N5OXC