[Xastir] Can't get tnc & net data at the same time

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 16 18:36:28 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> When I run ./configure the last line is:
> "checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
> installation and add the correct paths!"
>
> I have not been able to find out what is wrong here.  My PATH variable is:
> "usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

It is looking for *.h files, in this case probably in
/usr/X11R6/include and subdirectories of that.

For SuSE you'll need to bring up yast2 (or yast) and load the X
development headers.  You may not have loaded them on your system
initially.  They're used when you're compiling X11 programs from
source.  In order to run pre-compiled X11 programs, you don't need
them.

On this SuSE 7.3 system I loaded these package to get the headers
I needed:

	openmotif-devel
	xdevel

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com