[Xastir] A good question

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Feb 19 12:40:12 EST 2003

On 19 Feb 2003, Brian Heaton wrote:

> 	I don't recall which state at the moment, but I know I've hit at least
> one that has its 1:24k DRGs online in MrSid format. That was a definite
> turnoff for me.

More than a turn-off.  It's a proprietary compression format.  I've
tried to contact them once so far (they're just south of me in
Seattle) and haven't gotten anywhere with them yet.

I have a problem with free data payed for by U.S. taxpayers getting
converted into this proprietary format, but a lot of states are
already doing just that.  WY and TX are two that come to mind.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin