[Xastir] OpenMotif

Olivier Calle olivier-n7tap at calle.org
Tue Feb 25 12:40:44 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Tom Robson wrote:
TR> No joy.  Looks like similar results.  Perhaps someone else should try it to
TR> make sure I'm not giving you the run around.  It looks like the file
TR> structure is a fair bit different on 8.0 & 8.1, although I am still running
TR> LesTif on the 8.0 box.   I have removed LesTif from the 8.1 box so can't help
TR> you out there to see if it works.  Could reinstall if it will help although I
TR> do need Motif (hopefully this is the same as Openmotif) because of the font
TR> problem.

I run on Slackware 8.1, but I did the following on 2002-06-18:
    removepkg lesstif-0.93.34-i386-1
    rm -rf /usr/X11R6/LessTif
    installpkg openmotif-2.2.1-i386-1 (in extra)
Later, on 2002-08-30 I did the following:
    Removed all text from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/host.def because
    it was left over from lesstif...

That last thing may make more sense once you look at what is in that file.

BTW, is OpenMotif good enough to fix your font problem?

--
Olivier Calle

internet: <olivier at calle.org>
work tel: 425-446-5088    home tel: 360-658-2692     To err is human,
callsign: N7TAP, class: Extra                        to really foul up
job:      Fluke Networks, Sr. Software Engineer      requires the root
WWW Page URL: http://calle.org/olivier/              password...
Psalm 48:14                        SPU Electrical Engineering Graduate