[Xastir] inf2geo Peculiarities

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jan 14 12:14:56 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> I couldn't get the JPG to display.  When I converted it to a GIF it
> worked just fine.
>
> Looks like it might an ImageMagick/Xastir bug related to JPEG's.
> The INF file in both cases was the same except for the file
> extension.  Same for the GEO's.

I converted it back to a jpeg, and it displayed fine.  Here are the
differences that I could find in the jpeg's, data found using XV:

aerial_chch_09.jpg              3.jpg
-------------------------       ------------------------------
Color JPEG (114504 bytes)       Greyscale JPEG (123060 bytes)
1024 x 624                      1024 x 624
Using TrueColor visual          Got all 256 colors (64 unique)
24-bit mode                     8-bit mode
Using TrueColor visual

It's displaying "3.jpg" and "3.gif" just fine, but not the color
jpeg "aerial_chch_09.jpg".

There aren't any error messages put out by ImageMagick.  Perhaps
it's exiting the draw_geo_image_map() function with no warnings?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin