[Xastir] drawing shapefiles for xastir

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Jan 23 23:13:07 EST 2003

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> The string I posted works for UTM. If you have "state plane" data it might
> be in feet, I'd guess something like:
> shpproj old new -i="init=nad83:() units=us-ft" -o=geographic
> would work, but () needs to be replaced with the number for the state
> plane covering the data, which can be found in nad/nad.lst in the proj
> distribution.

This is great; just what I needed! Proves that if you sit around long
enough, someone will know what all the command line options are...

The city I live in gave me tons of shapefile data, but it was in feet
and with a stateplan-type of reference.

Now I've got the same data the city uses on my own screen; it's much
smoother than the rather rough TIGER-data shapefiles from the census bureau.

-Lance
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat