[Xastir] New user...

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Sun Jan 26 11:14:51 EST 2003

Could be ulimit, mine are smaller than yours.
So You wrote a really big program...;))
Yes I do internet with thousands of calls.
I will run alone, as I have another memory hog.
thanks for clues

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:
>
> > Mine used to run fine, last few weeks it gets
> > Cannot allocate Memory and dies
>
> I can't find that message in our sources or in our language files, so
> it must be happening in glibc or other system library, probably
> during a malloc() call.  We do a _lot_ of those.
>
> Is it possible that you have a hard ulimit (bash terminology) set in
> your shell that's causing this problem?
>
> Are you hooked to internet feeds and getting thousands of stations,
> or are you on a tnc only?
>
> Connected to a full firenet feed, I've had over 20,000 stations/
> objects displayed with no problems.
>
> Here are my ulimits on this box:
>
> 	> ulimit -a
> 	core file size (blocks)     0
> 	data seg size (kbytes)      unlimited
> 	file size (blocks)          unlimited
> 	max locked memory (kbytes)  unlimited
> 	max memory size (kbytes)    unlimited
> 	open files                  1024
> 	pipe size (512 bytes)       8
> 	stack size (kbytes)         unlimited
> 	cpu time (seconds)          unlimited
> 	max user processes          1024
> 	virtual memory (kbytes)     unlimited
>
> Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
> http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>   Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry