[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jul 3 12:06:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:

> Just tried it with dosAPRS on another machine and it works correctly, so
> it looks like HSP is broken in xastir 1.2.0.

Not necessarily.  There are several schematics for HSP cables
floating around.  I don't know what Kantronics uses, but it might be
a different schematic than was used for HSP on Xastir.

> Is anyone using an HSP cable with any version of xastir?

I have an HSP adapter around somewhere that I built.  At one time it
was working great with Xastir, but it's been a year or more since
I've used it.  If I can find it again I'll give it a try.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin