[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Mon Jul 7 14:53:23 EDT 2003

> On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:
>

>>Just wanted to let you know the current status of  the HSP problem. I
>>reloaded everything today, and installed xastir from the Debian package
>>(Version 1.0.0). Guess what? The HSP cable works fine. It looks like
>>there is something wrong with the code in 1.2.0. My plan is to step up
>>through the stable versions to find where it breaks (unless there was a
>>Debian problem, in which case it will never break).

Version 1.0.0 works, and version 1.1.0 works. Version 1.1.5 is broken as
well as 1.2.0. I'll have to think of some place to go and see if the
tracking in 1.1.0 works better than 1.0.0.

>>I still think it is spending too much time listening to the GPS. If you
>>will give me a clue where the code is timeing the change in DTR I'll
>>take a look at it (privately of course, looks like purhaps I need to
>>join the other email list as well).
>

> Configure->Timing doesn't change it?

None of the working builds for HSP have that menu, and I'm not sure you
understand what I mean. Xastir is toggeling DTR back and forth at a
fixed time interval. What it should do is when it wants to listen to the
GPS (at whatever interval) it should toggle DTR, and as soon as it gets
a fix from the GPS, it should toggle DTR again, to go back to listening
for stations. What it is doing, is waiting until the time interval is up
again.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems