[Xastir] ImageMagick (again)

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Sun Jul 13 21:56:21 EDT 2003

I have been stealing time away from other projects as I can this weekend
(actually only today).  Trying to install xastir under RH9.

RPM'ed IM5.5.7-10 ... no dice on ./configure xastir (I expected this
from reading Gale Wilkinson's posts last month).

Installed the tarball version of 5.5.7-10 as per the IM quickstart
instructions.  I D/Led the binaries and simply untarred them into
$HOME/ImageMagick directory as instructed by the quickstart file.  It
had me make some changes to .bash_profile , and I tested it sucessfully
with their little test command.  All is well.... except ./configure
under xastir still does not see IM.  I get the following error...

checking for Magick-config... yes
checking magick/api.h usability... yes
checking magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for magick/api.h... yes
checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:  Building
w/o ImageMagick support. ***

Here's a portion of my .bash_profile
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib"
export MAGICK_HOME="$HOME/ImageMagick"
export PATH; PATH="$HOME/ImageMagick:$PATH"

What have I missed?

Wes