[Xastir] ImageMagick (again)

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Mon Jul 14 00:14:15 EDT 2003

Wes Johnston wrote:

> I have been stealing time away from other projects as I can this weekend
> (actually only today).  Trying to install xastir under RH9.
>
> RPM'ed IM5.5.7-10 ... no dice on ./configure xastir (I expected this
> from reading Gale Wilkinson's posts last month).

Wes,

I had trouble with IM under RH 9 as well. Seems RH's rpms are broken, or
at least FUBARd somehow.

I made IM work by stripping IM out of my system all together(rpm -e
ImageMagic). Downloading the latest source tarballs from the IM web
site, and compiling up and installing.

Skip the binaries - go for the source.

Just be sure to run (as root) 'ldconfig' after installing RH and BEFORE
running xastir's ./bootstrap.sh and ./configure.

Worked great here!!

73

--
         "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru