[Xastir] no sym yet

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 12:43:11 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> Alle 03:02, venerdì 11 luglio 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U ha scritto:
> > On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:
> > > Several stations are not displayer due, I think, to "no sym yet".
> > > There is a way to display these stations too, with a default icon ?
> >
> > That _is_ the default icon.  ;-)
> >
> > All of the symbols which are officially assigned have a symbol drawn
> > in Xastir.  There are several slots that are unassigned, and some
> > APRS clients seem to think they can assign a symbol to those and it
> > will display the same on the other clients.  They may display
> > differently on every client, because they aren't officially assigned.
> >
> I agree with you. I asked not to display an unassigned symbol, just say a
> default symbol: the station is not displayed at all over the map. This is, I
> think, a too high a punition for having choosen a non standard symbol.
>
> The station is listed but not displayed over the map.

It should display as a "No Sym Yet" symbol.  Is that not happening?
If you don't have the "No Sym Yet" symbol running around the map,
then I would think the packet that you're receiving is malformed.
Perhaps it doesn't meet spec and Xastir isn't parsing it because of
it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin