[Xastir] 100% CPU Usage

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 13:38:25 EDT 2003

On 14 Jul 2003, George wrote:

> I didn't get any answers to why xastir goes into 100% CPU usage when
> connecting to remote servers but runs great when connected to my local
> aprsd.
>
> So I'm posting again to see if anyone can shed some light on the
> problem.

Not yet.  I've been painting.  When I close my eyes I can still see
the paintbrush going back and forth, back and forth.

I did some tweaks last week that might reduce the problem, but
haven't gone into active testing mode yet to see if a better
solution might present itself.

You might try updating to the latest CVS, then let me know if
conditions have changed at all.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin