[Xastir] 100% CPU Usage

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 16:58:38 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, James Mackie wrote:

> I see this occasionally if I change interface settings.. Where it wont
> receive any data even if I stop and start the interfaces.. And it requires
> me to stop the program and restart it.. After the restart everything works
> normally..

That sounds like one or both of the threads for that interface
aren't getting killed/restarted.  When an interface is active, you
have two extra threads handling it, one read thread and one write
thread.  Every running interface gets two new threads.

It's possible that if you change interface settings while an
interface is up, Xastir might not kill/restart the threads properly
with the new settings.  That's not something I've ever tested.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin