[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] unexpected crash...return of the killer packets?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 17:09:35 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> This is what I caught from a capture:
>
> Display station (WA5ZAI) called for Single=0.
> Display station (CW0979) called for Single=0.
> Display station (CW0498) called for Single=0.
> Display station (N4VSP-1) called for Single=0.
> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was:
> W2MJD>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,W2MJD:@120414z4042.70N/07338.50W_302/000g000t074r000p037P000h81b10057v31
> 23:15:15

That one _looks_ like a long packet, but I put that in a log file
and brought it in just fine.  The "Last incoming line was:" stuff is
just in case it's the incoming data that causes a problem.  It
doesn't mean that's what cause the problem.  It's a debug line that
may or may not come into play.

I suspect something else caused the segfault.  Most likely an X11
problem.  Do you have snapshots on?  If so, try turning them off and
see if the system stays up more.  X11 seems to have problems
sometimes with more than one thread doing GUI stuff.  Snapshots and
the main thread both do GUI things now.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin