[Xastir] yup it's broken.. follow up to problem?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jul 15 13:03:24 EDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Glen Briggs [iso-8859-1] KBØRPJ wrote:

> cygwin; winxp
>
> xastir 1.2.1 after downloading new source.

Explain downloading.  Do you mean you did a "cvs update" or did you
download one of the releases off of SourceForge?

>  > make
>    make : *** no rule to make target 'makefile.am' needed by file
> 'makefile.in'. stop.

I remember seeing this before, but it's been a while.  Perhaps one
of the other developers/users that's more familiar with
autoconf/automake might remember what's missing.

You might try blowing away the sources and bringing them down again
from CVS.  You could be missing a file or two perhaps?

Another possibility is that your automake or autoconf aren't up to
speed.  I doubt that though, as you're running Cygwin.  Still it
might be worthwhile updating Cygwin to the latest just to make sure.
Do the network update and it should complete fairly quickly,
assuming you do that once a month or perhaps once a week or so.
Cygwin updates things fairly often, and usually it pays to keep up
to date.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin