[Xastir] IGATE

wes at johnston.net wes at johnston.net
Fri Jul 18 13:13:21 EDT 2003

Don't know how many cross list subscribers are here.... I suspect alot... can
we do this with xastir?

I remember reading a long time ago that Bob Bruninga wanted advanced routing
for aprs packets which would take a packet from me to a particular city.  It
just dawned on me we have that now... we just need a *small* tweak to the IGATE
software (Winaprs, APRSS-A and UI-View)...

We assign each igate an alias and make it gate any packet which has it's name
in the path out to 2m.

For example, my town is Sumter.  SMS is the airport designator.  If my local
igate is programmed to respond to SMS anywhere in a packet, then a packet such
as :

kd4rdb>aprs v relay,wide,sms will always be gated out to 2m by my local IGATE.

of course I could see more than one "destination" into my path....

kd4rdb>aprs v relay,wide,sms,atl,cae  would pop out in Sumter SC, Atlanta, and
Columbia SC.

Each IGATE would not care about the position of it's name in the path, just the
fact that it's name was found in the path.

Workable?  The present system requires the IGATE operator to manually list
stations which will be gated out to 2m.  This gives the mobile user that option.