[Xastir] dual port TNC

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jul 18 13:41:21 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 wes at johnston.net wrote:

> How does xastir deal with a two port kiss tnc?  ie 9612, KAM plus, or KPC4
> (dual 1200 ports).

Right now if the device is using MKISS and you have it on an Xastir
serial KISS interface, Xastir will transmit to the first interface
only.  I believe it receives from all interfaces though.

I've borrowed a KAM (and have had it way too long already) with the
intention of putting in a bit better support for the multiple ports.

The best way right now to support these devices is to use Linux and
AX.25 kernel networking, loading the MKISS driver and configuring it
for each port.  At that point, Xastir can connect to each AX.25 port
independently.  They look like separate TNC's.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin